HELLO!! from an AMV Contest Coordinator from US Pac/NW

4 posters

Go down

HELLO!! from an AMV Contest Coordinator from US Pac/NW Empty HELLO!! from an AMV Contest Coordinator from US Pac/NW

Post by Geirr Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:36 pm

Hello:

I just discovered AMV Greece. I have been running AMV contests for a little over 10 years,
and won a few contests here and there. But music and anime changes over time and my own
style and spirit is unusual and not very popular now.
Oh well.

Mostly I will announce a contest I am running or assisting with.
The contests I run always welcome AMVs from all over the world,
and they will ship prizes (usually and AMV, a DVD or Blu-Ray, manga or figurine)
to anywhere.

Thank you all and I hope to hear from you in Kumoricon and NewConPDX!

:-)

EDIT! We send DVDs or Blu-Ray discs as prizes, not AMVs!

Last edited by Geirr on Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Geirr

Back to top Go down

HELLO!! from an AMV Contest Coordinator from US Pac/NW Empty Re: HELLO!! from an AMV Contest Coordinator from US Pac/NW

Post by Kryptonite Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:29 pm

Hello Geirr enjoy your stay on the forum! Smile Wow 10 years!? That's half of my age Razz
Kryptonite
Kryptonite
[AMV Greece] Staff
[AMV Greece] Staff

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW9IHUn9NtArcfug4KJtQTg

Back to top Go down

HELLO!! from an AMV Contest Coordinator from US Pac/NW Empty Re: HELLO!! from an AMV Contest Coordinator from US Pac/NW

Post by ZoroIttoryu Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:41 pm

Welcome to the forum! jocolor
ZoroIttoryu
ZoroIttoryu
[AMV Greece] Staff
[AMV Greece] Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Geirr Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:13 pm

I fixed a typo about the prizes!

- G

Geirr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kryptonite Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:46 pm

Cool :3 btw anime DVD or blueray???
Kryptonite
Kryptonite
[AMV Greece] Staff
[AMV Greece] Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Geirr Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:54 pm

It depends on what the convention sets aside for me to pick from. Then, when I contact the winners privately I can ask what their favorites are and I try to send that media or figurine or manga or if I don't have it, then I try to send something in a similar genre. So if someone really loves 'Hellsing' but the convention didn't have it then I will look for a similar, serious vampire-like story, with a similar drawing style or maybe something else similarly serious, with some paranormal elements, blood, gore and outrageous firearms.

But I would try not to substitute 'Hellsing' with a silly school-girl vampire story like 'Karin.' Of course, if someone likes a silly school story and the convention didn't have that show, I'd try a 'Nichijo' or 'Tonari no Seki-kun' or something like that...

This communication is started privately after the winners have been chosen.

Sometimes older anime is only available on DVD and not Blu-Ray. If an AMV wins two or more prizes, such as Best (in category) + Judge's Choice, or maybe Best (in category) + Audience Best in Show, then I double up the prizes sometimes to a series box set, or a media disk + an art design book of the same show or a similar show.

It all depends on what the convention has put aside for prizes, or they offer me a spending budget and I can go to the dealers room of the convention and look for the winner's favorites there.

NewConPDX is more than just an anime convention, it is kind of an 'all-fandom' thing and so proportionally there is less anime to choose from - the dealers there have more general science fiction, fantasy, TV shows, steampunk, and literature.
(Could you imagine Game of Thrones as an anime!?!)

Geirr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kryptonite Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:59 pm

Oh I see, thanks for clearing things up for me. Smile

Geirr wrote:
(Could you imagine Game of Thrones as an anime!?!)

No, I don't watch Game Of Thrones, sorry. xDDD
Kryptonite
Kryptonite
[AMV Greece] Staff
[AMV Greece] Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Geirr Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:04 pm

Also, even though I am writing in English, I am very glad to have found a Greek AMV community. You will see immediately in the English words I wrote, those which have Greek roots. Then you can see more in many English words in science, theology, and medicine.

Your spirit lives today as a cradle of democracy, learning, mathematics, philosophy, and peace from thousands of years earlier through the present day.

- G

Geirr

Back to top Go down

Post by Drunkenpony Sun Apr 12, 2015 9:46 pm

yo welcome here friend and yeah greeks are op Very Happy
Drunkenpony
Drunkenpony
[AMV Greece] Staff
[AMV Greece] Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down